This ‘fi-compass Showcase 2019’ submission consists of stories about 5 small businesses in Croatia that benefited from small loans and micro loans co-financed with European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) and managed by the Croatian Agency for SMEs, Innovations and Investments (HAMAG-BICRO). Small and medium-sizes enterprises (SMEs) can apply at HAMAG-BICRO for micro loans up to EUR 25 000 and small loans up to EUR 50 000, with more favourable terms of financing.
The stories include:
• The project ‘A View into the Blue’ promoting Croatia as a diving destination with the help of a small loan from HAMAG-BICRO which enabled the project to buy a portable pool and diving equipment and hire a project manager
• A family-owned vineyard being able to reconstruct and renovate its wine cellars with the small investment loan from HAMAG-BICRO
• A hairdressing entrepreneur who was able to relocate her growing business into a new commercial space with the help of the small loan from HAMAG-BICRO
• AML, a company specialising in the production of packing material who used the micro loan from HAMAG-BICRO to relocate to a commercial zone
• A cosmetics company that expanded its line of beauty products with the help of the micro loan from HAMAG-BICRO.